After years of flying, I think I've accrued somewhere in the neighborhood of 5.6 billion miles, though it might be slightly less. Despite the wealth of flying experience, I'd rather stab a flaming hot ice pick through my toenails than fly on an airplane. Not only that, I flew on the 8th anniversary of 9/11. :/ But I digress...here is my journey to Richmond, Virginia!...But first, a story about my camera!
About 5 months ago, I bought a Samsung camera that pretty much wipes the floor with almost every camera produced prior to 2008. I only say 2008 because Sony and Nikon still make a camera comparable to Samsung. Anywho, the 12.2 megapixel BEAST is like the Barry Bonds/David Ortiz/Manny Ramirez of digital cameras. It's JUICED! However, it requires a special, EXTREMELY hard to find charger (foreshadowing perhaps?). Maybe I was hanging out by the beach like in the Corona commercials and instead of skipping rocks into the blue blue sea, I hucked my camera charger. Either way, it's long gone.But for every problem, there is a solution! Just buy a new camera charger! Simple....right?....right!? After visiting seven, you heard right, SEVEN stores in two states, I have yet to find the appropriate charger. So now I have a $199 paperweight for the road trip. At least the maps won't fly around when I open the windows. :) (gotta look on the bright side right?)
Back to flying. So, I arrived at the airport about 830am-ish and checked my bag. After getting on the plane about an hour later, I noticed the mechanical crew taking a hard look at the left wing of our Embraer 190 jet. The captain notified us that they need to make a fix to the hydraulics. BROKEN PLANE! He also explained to us that we could probably take off and land without a problem, but that he "didn't want to land short of Richmond, Virginia." He repeated this phrase several times during his numerous updates. After about 30 minutes, we were huddled off to a new, unbroken aircraft. After a quick 1.5 hour flight, I arrived in Richmond, Virginia! (on a side note, it was the smoothest plane ride I've ever had. And JetBlue is a fantastic carrier)
After arriving in Virginia, I met up with Suzanne and off we went for lunch, bought road trip munchies, and made our failed attempt at getting the camera charger. As I'm writing this blog, Suzanne is packing her stuff and I am not helping in the least bit. So, I should probably go help with the packing so we can head out on time tomorrow!
Last but not least, please keep this road trip a secret from Wells! We want it to be a surprise. I'm also VERY excited for our 2700 mile journey to Spokane. :)
-CJ
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment